Hi Fellow Card Makers,
I am here to show you the card I made for this week’s Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge entitled Try to Resist. I also have a friend in mind who will receive this card. The resist on my card is the top colored panel. It was heat embossed with white embossing powder. Faber Castell Gelatos were then scribbled over the embossing and blended with a baby wipe. The white embossed area retained some of the gelatos color but the design stands out on the panel. Here’s how I put the card together. If you like it, please say so. Thanks!
card base – 11” X 4¼” Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock folded in half
background panel – 5½” X 4¼” Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock
- Scribble Faber Castell Gelatos in Chocolate and Pistachio over the perimeter of the panel.
- Blend with a baby wipe.
- Scribble Lemon Faber Castell Gelato over the other colors.
- Again blend with a baby wipe.
- Cover any single leaf stamp that you have with Faber Castell Gelatos in Red Cherry then in Chocolate and again in Red Cherry. Stamp on around the perimeter of the panel edge.
- Blot leaves with a baby wipe that is halfway dry.
- Set aside to dry completely.
foreground panel – 4¾” X 3½” white 65# cardstock
- Use VersaMark ink pad to stamp Serendipity Marble Cells background stamp.
- Sprinkle with Recollections Snow Embossing Powder. Shake off excess and set with a heat gun. This makes a resist on the panel.
- Scribble Faber Castell Gelatos in Pistachio, Red Cherry and Chocolate over the panel.
- Blend with a baby wipe, getting as much color as can be removed from the white resist.
- Set aside to dry.
Finish the panels.
- To seal in the gelatos, use a medium to large brush to apply a thin layer of Faber Castell Glaze to both panels.
- Let this dry completely while making the posies.
- Make 3 posies using Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock and stamping with Hero Arts Color Layering for You Flowers.
- Stamp bottom flower layer using Archival Brilliance Coffee Bean ink pad. Let this dry a bit before stamping the next layer.
- Line up the second layer stamp over the bottom layer and stamp it using Archival Brilliance Pearlescent Poppy ink pad. Let this dry a bit before stamping the next layer.
- Line up the third layer stamp with the other layers and stamp it using Archival Brilliance Rocket Red Gold ink pad. Let this dry before coloring the center.
- Color the center of the posies using Copic marker Y18 or another yellow marker you have.
Add the leaves.
- Using any ink pad, stamp the bottom layer flower stamp on Inkadinkado Stamping Mask Paper. Use scissors or the matching bottom flower die to cut out the posy. Remove the backing and stick the paper mask over the first posy to receive leaves
- To make two layer leaves —–
- Ink the bottom leaf stamp with Simon Says Stamp Green Leaf ink pad. Stamp the leaf to the flower where you want it.
- Take the top leaf stamp and ink it with Archival Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy ink pad. Stamp the leaf on top of the bottom leaf.
- Repeat this process until there are 4 leaves on the bottom flower, 3 leaves on the middle flower and 2 leaves on the top flower.
Finish the flowers.
- Using scissors, cut around the flowers and leaves that have been stamped.
- Stamp the bottom flower layer on 3 pieces of fun foam in any color ink. Use scissors to cut inside the outer line of the flowers so the fun foam will not be seen sticking out from under the flowers.
- Repeat the process using the bottom leaf layer.
- Use Zots Clear Adhesive Dots to fasten the fun foam to the paper flowers and leaves.
- Use 1 small dot on each leaf.
- Use several medium dots on the flowers or large dots if you have them.
- Repeat this process later when adhering the flowers to the card.
Make a sentiment label.
- Ink the Just for You stamp from the Hero Arts Color Layering for You Flowers stamp set with the Archival Brilliance Coffee Bean ink pad on Neenah Solar White 110# cardstock. Trim the cardstock to 2-1/16” X 15/16”.
Put it all together.
- Using Scrapbook Adhesive E-Z Tape Runner, stick the bottom panel to the card front.
- Using the same tape runner, adhere the top panel to the bottom panel, leaving more space at the bottom than at the top.
- Cut a 4¾” X 1½” vellum. Place the E-Z tape runner in the 3 areas where the posies will cover the tape that will show through the vellum. Lay the vellum strip on the top panel ¾“ from the right side.
- Use Zots to adhere the foam mounted posies to the vellum panel.
- Use Zots to adhere the sentiment label.