Here I have listed the supplies needed to make the jumbo peony card and the order in which the steps were completed. If you have any questions, just write me a comment and I will for sure get back to you. Let me know if you make a similar card to this. There are other jumbo blossoms that would look good on this card layout. I have the jumbo poinsettia, so I think I will give it a try with this same layout later on in the year. If you like it, please click on the LIKE button.
Thanks a lot for stopping by,
- Stampendous Rubber Stamp – Jumbo Peony
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
- Copic Markers X-Press It Blending Card
- Copic Markers RV63, RV66 and Y00 (for the flower center)
- EK Success Cutter Bee Scissors
- Uni-Ball Pen Signo White Gel Pen – Trace around black stamped lines of peony.
The Card Base
- Creative Memories 12″ Straight Trimmer
- 110# Neenah Crest Solar White Cardstock cut to 7 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, folded in half to make a 5 1/2″ x 3-3/4″ card (to allow for the peony to hang over on the sides and fit into an A2 envelope)
- Martha Stewart Scoring Board Craft Tool
- bone folder craft tool
The Front Panel
- 100# Simon Says Stamp Cardstock, Dark Chocolate, cut to 5 1/2″ x 3 1/4″
- Sizzix Texture Boutique Embossing Machine
- Spellbinders M-Bossabilities Reversible Embossing Folder, Enchanted
- Sizzix Borders 4 Dies Thinlite #658954
- Scrapbook Adhesives E-Z Runner Tape – Use to adhere embossed cardstock to card base.
Decorating the Front
- Therm-o-web Sticky Dots Die-cut Transfer Adhesive – Press the brown die cut border to this to adhere it to the card front. TIP: I do not recommend this brand of Transfer Adhesive. The stickiness gets everywhere. Also the sticky dots stick to the liner so the transfer sheet has missing sticky dots that are needed to go on the back of the image that is being adhered.
- KaiserCraft Lace Pack, White, cut a little over 3 1/4″
- Fabric Scissors – Used to cut the lace. TIP: Do not use your fabric scissors to cut paper or anything besides cloth, felt, lace, thread, twine, yarn, or ribbon. They will remain sharp for years if this guideline is followed. If the scissors are used to cut paper, they will become dull and won’t cut cloth with precision.
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium – Use this to glue lace to card front, as well as the jumbo peony.
- Doodlebug Designs Sprinkles, Lilly White Assortment – TIP: Always use a dot of liquid glue to adhere these, even though they already have adhesive on the back. This will ensure that the Sprinkles do not fall off the card later.
- MSE! (My Sentiments Exactly) Sympathy Innies and Outies
- VersaFine Onyx Black Ink Pad
- Creative Memories Ovals Custom Cutting System
- Creative Memories Custom Cutting System Blade
- Creative Memories Cutting Mat
- 110# Neenah Crest Solar White Cardstock
- Scrapbook Adhesives E-Z Runner Tape – Use to adhere sentiment to card front.
Word Art Wednesday Challenge Weeks #238-#239 – Anything Goes http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Fabulous Florals http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/