I haven’t done Sunday Sample since the first Sunday in December. I gave top billing to Kassidy, who as some of you know, was in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Designer Spotlight for the month of December 2016. I need to learn how to “bump” the most significant posts to the top of the page when needed, instead of not posting others. I really haven’t had time to post over the holiday anyway. It seemed like I had a zillion Christmas cards to make, plus I had my obligations with Strawberry Jude Stamps where Kassidy and I are Design Team Members. http://www.strawberryjudestamps.com/blog Then the last week of December to January 1st, we had out-of-state company. So here I am again finally. But since I had so much to do yesterday to catch up with things, Sunday Sample has become Monday Mention! Heehee! 🙂 That’s okay.
I want to show you this card because it is the perfect card for the month of January. If you don’t want to use a candy cane in the cup or a reindeer on the cup, you can omit those. However, you COULD use a peppermint stick, as I did in the blue cup, just by cutting off the hook part of the cane.
Card Base – 110# Neenah Solar White Cardstock, cut to 10 x 5.5 inches and folded in half to make a 5.5 x 4.25 inch card
- Ranger Watercolor Paper, cut to 5.5 x 4.25 inches
- Using a Ranger Mini Round Ink Blending Tool,
- lightly apply Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Candied Apple.
- Make a stitched line, using My Favorite Things Die-namics Basic Stitch Lines with a Cuttlebug Die-Cut & Emboss Machine
- Doodlebug Designs Inc. 6×6 Paper Pad, Sugar Plums, cut to 5.5 x 1 inches
- Adhere strip of paper with Scrapbook Adhesives E-Z Runner Red Permanent Tape
- MISTI PRECISION STAMPER Stamping Tool
- Sunny Studio MUG HUGS Clear Stamp Set
- 110# Neenah Solar White Cardstock
- Tsukineko VersaFine ONYX BLACK Ink Pad
- Sunny Studio Snippets MUG HUGS Die Set – I trimmed around the shapes with scissors after die cutting them.
- Prismacolor PREMIER COLORED PENCILS Set
- Tsukineko Memento TUXEDO BLACK MARKER Dual Tip – Go around the edges of the cutout images.
- White Snowflakes on the Blue Cup – Strawberry Jude Stamps Don’t Forget School: Icons, stamped with Hero Arts White Dye Ink. I tried the pigment ink first and it would not dry. So I wiped it off and stamped again with the dye ink.
- Holly on Tall Cup – http://www.momenta.com (from an old stamp set)
- Holly Berries made with Nuvo Crystal Drops, Gloss – Red Berry
- Deer on Tall Cup – Strawberry Jude Stamps, Tag It: Christmas
- Tag – Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Oval Stackables Lawn Cuts Die Set
- Sentiment – My Favorite Things Christmas Label and Tag (no longer available)
- To adhere the images onto the card front, these adhesives were used where needed: E-Z Runner Tape, Tombow Mono Adhesive Dots Runner, Kool Tak DOUBLE-SIDED TAPE Clear Foam Adhesive for dimension
That’s a lot of “to do,” but I love the way it turned out. Why don’t you will give it a try? Sunny Studio is putting out such cute stamps. On the inside of the card, I stamped the sentiment that is included in the stamp set, “Sending a big Hug in a Mug.” Send someone a Hug in a Mug to cheer them up on a drab January day. I hope YOU have a cheerful day!
Strawberry Jude Stamps http://www.strawberryjudestamps.com/blog
Work It Wednesday Challenge Make Something New with a New Product – These were new stamps, first time used. http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/