Sparkle

Hi all,

I actually made this card before I made the previous card posted.  I was trying to improve on this card when I made the other one.  I don’t know that I did.  Anyway, on this one I smooshed the ink onto the front panel using a small acrylic sheet.  After applying some ink to a craft sheet, I used just a touch of water to thin out the ink.  If much water is used, the ink gets too thin.    

Sparkle 2017

To be honest with you, smooshing is a challenge for me.  I pick up the thinned ink from the craft sheet with the acrylic sheet and blot the acrylic sheet onto my card panel.  It just doesn’t go where I want it to go, so I try to control it.  That’s when uniformity sets in and that is what I DON’T want.

  • Ranger Watercolor Paper
  • Tim Holtz Distress Inks – Wilted Violet, Spun Sugar and Shabby Shutters

As you can see, after I smooshed the colors onto the paper, I sprinkled the panel with all three colors of ink.  Then the panel was edged with the Wilted Violet ink using a finger dauber.

The top and bottom right corners of the panel were rounded with a Creative Memory Corner Rounder Tool.

A piece of Simon Says Stamp 100# Green Apple Cardstock was embossed with an embossing folder in a Cuttlebug Embossing and Die Cutting Machine.  Just use the embossing folder of your choice since the impressions can’t be made out anyway after the layers are adhered.

The card base is 110# Neenah Crest Solar White Cardstock, cut to 7 x 10 inches.  This was folded in half to make a 5 x 7 inch card.

Using two flowers from the Hampton Art Graphic 45 Ladies Diary Afternoon Tea Stamp Set, I stamped several flowers with VersaMark Sticky Ink in the MISTI Stamping Tool.  The flowers were then embossed with Recollections Gold Embossing Powder and a heat gun.  A diamond stamp from an unknown at this time off-brand company I purchased on sale from Michael’s was embossed with Recollections Silver Embossing Powder.  

It’s almost impossible to see here, but the entire card front is sparkly.  The sparkle was made by rubbing my finger on a pad of VersaMark sticky embossing ink, followed by rubbing my finger on the card front.  Recollections Clear Silver Embossing Powder was sprinkled on the card front and the excess shaken off.  Next, I wiped off most of it with my finger.  A heat gun was used to set the sparkle. 

Using the computer, the sentiment was typed, then printed on vellum.  Then the sentiment was cut out using the Cuttlebug Embossing and Die Cutting Machine and a die from Simon Says Stamp Banner Dies.  I edged the banner with a finger dauber and VersaMark and sprinkled it with the Clear Silver Embossing Powder.  The excess was brushed away with a small brush.  The powder was melted with a heat gun.   To attach this to the card front, Tombow Mono Adhesive was applied as thin as possible to the banner edges so it could not be seen through the vellum.

The layers of cardstock were attached to one another with a Scrapbook E-Z Adhesive Tape Runner.

Sequins were adhered to the front of the card with Ranger Multi Medium Matte Glue.   A large acrylic block was laid on the sequins while they dried.

I would appreciate the input if you will let me know which card appeals more to you, this card or the card in the same colors posted before this one.  Also let me know if you try “smooshing” and how it turns out for you.

Until later,

Tricia

CHALLENGES ENTERED

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Distress It  http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

Word Art Wednesday Challenge Weeks #290-#291 – Anything Goes  http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/

Advertisements

One thought on “Sparkle

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s