Fun, fun, fun with candles galore! I started with my card base and built on it.
- paper trimmer
- 110# Neenah Crest Solar White Cardstock, cut to 5.5 x 8.5 and folded in half to make an A2 card (4.25 x 5.5 inches)
Cut a piece of cardstock as your card front and stamp a sentiment.
- 80# Neenah Crest Solar White Cardstock, cut to 4.75 x 3.5 inches
- Birthday – Simon Says Stamp It’s Your Birthday Stamp Set
- arrow – Hero Arts CL 735 Oh Fun
- wishes – Hero Arts CL721
- MISTI Stamping Tool or an acrylic block
- Versafine Onyx Black Ink Pad
Chose an embossing folder to put texture on your card front. Be sure to stamp your card before you emboss it.
- Lifestyle Crafts, Basket Weave
- Cuttlebug Embossing and Die Cutting Machine
Cut a piece of fun foam a little smaller than the card front. Adhere it to the back of the card front to give it added dimension. Then adhere this to the card base.
- fun foam
- Scrapbook E-Z Runner Permanent Adhesive Tape
It’s time to make the candles. Not literally, of course, but with paper! 🙂
- Technique Tuesday Many Candles Die Set
- 80# Neenah Crest Solar White Cardstock
- Spellbinder Tool ‘n One – used to poke out the small pieces not needed in the candles
You’ll need to run the dies through the Cuttlebug several times until you get the number of candles you desire.
It’s time to color the candles. Use a dye ink and let it dry, so when you use liquid glue the dye ink won’t smear as readily as pigment inks or Zig Clean Color Markers do. I used Memento Dye Inks. I forgot to take a photo of the orange candle, but that’s okay.
- Lady Bug, Dandelion, Pear Tart, Bahama Blue, Grape Jelly, Lilac Rosies and Tangelo
While you let this dry, work on the flames.
Glue the candle backs to the candle fronts and attach the flames. I used Ranger Multi Medium Matte Glue.
Select three candles to be in front of the other candles. These three candles need lift, so die cut three candles out of fun foam. Glue the fun foam to the candle backs. Don’t forget to back 3 flames as well.
Die cut a banner that will fit over the bunch of candles. I used heavy cardstock for this.
- 110# Neenah Crest Solar White Cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp Small Folded Banners Die Set
Stamp the word SENDING on the banner. Curve the stamp a little so it fits better. Then use a bone folder to make sharp folds.
- SENDING – Impression Obsession Wishes Stamp Set
Glue down the ends of the banner with Ranger Multi Medium Matte Glue and hold it down for a while to dry.
Embellish the card front with gems on the flames and accentuate with stars.
- Hero Arts Pearls and Gems Sunshine Mixed Accents
- stars from my stash
Even though the gems and stars are self-sticking, I always add a tiny spot of glue to the backs to make sure they don’t pop off later.
I like the way this card turned out. I’m going to make a card something like this again.
Catch you later,
Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes Challenge #294-#295 http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Happy Birthday http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Add a Sentiment http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/
Paper Sweeties Happy Birthday and/or Colors Challenge
< a href=”https://papersweeties.com/category/blog/” rel=”nofollow”>papersweeties.com/category/blog/</a>
< a href=”https://www.linkytools.com/wordpress_list.aspx?id=280610&type=thumbnail” rel=”nofollow”>www.linkytools.com/wordpress_list.aspx?id=280610&type…</a>
This is a card I saved in my Card Idea folder quite a while back. I don’t remember where I found it. It looks like a card made by Jennifer McGuire, but her watermark isn’t on it, so I don’t know.