Does this card look familiar? After I made my Colorful Candles card, I liked the way it turned out so much that I decided to make the card again with some changes for our great-nephew who was turning three-years-old. Below is the first card I made. The photography is better because I took the photograph outside. When I made the card with only three candles, it was raining outside, so I had to take the photo under white lights inside. I wasn’t happy with the light, but what can you do? I couldn’t wait to take the picture another day because I needed to get it in the mail. If you click on the next picture, it will link you to the post where I give a complete tutorial of how the following card came together.
Now to point out how the two cards are alike and different.
- The cardstock for the base cards and the embossed panels are the same paper and measurements for both. Please get the measurements by clicking on the Colorful Candles card.
- For the child’s card, I embossed it with Sizzix Textured Impression Embossing Folder, Swirls.
- The same ink was used on the child’s card.
- The child’s three candles were covered with Glossy Accents to draw attention. I did not put gems on the flames since some small children pick things off paper and put them in their ears, noses or mouths.
- The banner was laid flat on the child’s card so it would not be tempting to pull it off.
- I thought it would be tempting to pull the shiny star stickers off too, so instead I glued on paper confetti. The confetti pieces are scraps I saved when I punched them out after using the Spellbinder’s Fancy Lattice Die (linked below).
Technique Tuesday Many Candles Die Set is a winner. Whether you have this set, another set of candle dies, or even candle stamps that you can fussy cut with scissors, you should give this card layout a try. I know I will be making more of these charming candle cards.
Thanks for stopping,
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Happy Birthday http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge For a Child http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/
Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes Challenge #294-#295 http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/
<a href=”https://papersweeties.com/category/blog/” rel=”nofollow”>papersweeties.com/category/blog/</a>
<a href=”https://www.linkytools.com/wordpress_list.aspx?id=280610&type=thumbnail” rel=”nofollow”>www.linkytools.com/wordpress_list.aspx?id=280610&type…</a>