My friend, Patz, is a teacher of second grade, just as I was for many years. Since I am making Artist Trading Cards for her to collect, I just HAD to do one for teaching. Patz is collecting her cards in an Artist Trading Card sleeve that has pockets to hold nine 2.5 X 3.5 inch cards.
PREPARE THE CARD
- Ranger’s Tim Holtz DISTRESS WATERCOLOR PAPER, trimmed to 2.5 X 3.5 inches
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad, Antique Linen – Blend this over the card with a Ranger Mini Blending Tool. Go around the edges to make them darker and distressed looking.
- Tim Holtz Mini Blueprints Strip SCHOOLHOUSE Cling Rubber Stamp Set
- Tim Holtz Going Somewhere Rubber Stamp Set
- Tim Holtz Bitty Grunge Rubber Stamp Set
- Archival Jet Black Ink Pad – for all the stamping
- Inkadinkado Masking Paper – Stamp the books again on this.
- EK Success Cutter Bee Scissors – Cut out the books stamped on the masking paper. Remove the backing of the masking paper and stick the mask on the stack of books on the ATC.
- Stamp the world globe in the top left corner, making sure it is pressed down well where the line of the books ends. Remove the masking paper to have a look..
- Post-It Tape – Cover any areas that you don’t want stamped. Stamp around the books and globe.
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers
- cup of clean water for rinsing
- cup of clean water for wetting
- small round watercolor brush
Watercolor the world globe and stack of books. Let this dry.
- 110# Neenah Crest Solar White Cardstock
- Cuttlebug Embossing and Die Cutting Machine
- Tim Holtz Sizzix CELEBRATION WORDS SCRIPT Thinlits Die – I don’t have word dies for the words I wanted to use on this card, so I pieced together parts of words.
- Ranger Multi Medium Matte – Glue the words to the card, but be careful. If you slide the letters around too much, the color on the background will move with the glue.
- Small Heart Stamp – I keep a small heart stamp on my craft table to use when needed.
- Simon Says Stamp Ink Pad, Hot Lips – To give the card some pops of red, I stamped three small hearts.
- Red Zig Marker – The hearts weren’t as dark as I wanted this, so I colored over them. Let this dry.
- Glossy Accents – Apply to the hearts.
- Uni-Ball Pen Signo Gel WHITE – Highlight areas here and there on the water colored images.
- Memento Tuxedo Black Dual Marker – Go around the outside of the words to make them pop on the card.
Thank you for being here,
Baseball Card Sleeves with Pockets
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Artist Trading Card http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Back to School http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/