I couldn’t wait to get Altenew’s new Build-a-Flower Rose Set. I ordered it as soon as it came out. I’ve had Altenew’s Vintage Roses Set for a long time. They, too, are layering stamps. I don’t use them often because I find layering stamps to be a challenge to get them aligned. But I couldn’t resist this large rose. It, as well, was a challenge for me to get layers 5 and 6 lined up properly, but I do want to make more cards with this beautiful stamp set.
This wonderful card can be used for a number of different occasions. It is suitable for Get Well, Sympathy, Anniversary, Birthday, Mother’s Day and even a Wedding card. Just change the sentiment (or not, since Thinking of You works) on the front and you’re all set. I used it as a sympathy card for my best friend who lost her brother.
The set has six stamps that make up the layers of one rose. A different color ink is used for each layer. Likewise, the bough of leaves is made with four stamps layered using four different color inks.
Click on the colored words below to link to products.
CARD BASE: 110# Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock, cut 8.5 x 11 inches, folded in half to make an A2 size card that is 4.25 x 5.5 inche
- 80# Neenah Crest Solar White Cardstock, cut 3.5 x 5.5 inches.
- DCWV The Four Seasons Cardstock Stack, 12 x 12 inch paper pad – glittery yellow strip (I cannot find this online.)
- Scrapbook Adhesive E-Z Runner
- Altenew SNOWING Stamp
- Sentiment, “Thinking of You,” from Hero Arts CL342 Stamp Set
- MISTI Stamp Tool
- Inkadinkadoo Embossing Magic Powder Bag – Powder area before stamping
- VersaMark Emboss Ink Pad
- Ranger Embossing Powder, Super Fine, Gold
- heat embossing tool gun
- Altenew Build-a-Flower Rose Stamp and Die Set
- MISTI Stamp Tool
- Altenew Pocketful of Sunshine Mini Cube Set to stamp roses
- Citrus Burst (bottom layer)
- Fresh Lemon
- Maple Yellow
- Honey Drizzle
- Simon Says Stamp Ink Pad, Sunshine
- Gina K Prickly Pear (last layer)
- Simon Says Stamp Ink Pad, Green Apple (bottom layer)
- Simon Says Stamp Ink Pad, Green Leaf
- My Favorite Things Ink Pad, Gumdrop Green
- Simon Says Stamp Ink Pad, Fern Green
SMALL WHITE FLOWERS:
- Altenew Coffee Break Mini Cube Set – I used Rocky Shore.
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush Marker, Yellow – for center of white flowers
- Ranger Stickles, Gold Glitter Glue – in the center of white flowers after the yellow Zig marker
DIE CUT: roses, leaves, small white flowers
- Little Things from Lucy’s Cards Warm Golden Glow Sequins – purchased from Simon Says Stamp, but no longer listed
- Ranger Multi Medium Matte Glue to attach sequins
I hope you got something out of this post, and it helps you with color layering. I love it when a company such as Altenew has ink pad sets that coordinate. It makes it so much easier for the crafter to have ink colors that have been tested or even formulated to go together.
Even if you don’t have this rose stamp set, give color layering a try. It is exciting to see the results of the stamping when you get it right. It does take practice. However, the practice is fun. Sometimes, I spend my whole crafting time practicing stamp layering. After I get accustomed to the stamps, and my layers start turning out as they should, I begin using my good cardstock in case I get a good image. If so, I can use it on a card.
Best wishes with your stamp layering,
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Monochrome http://www.inlinkz.com/new/view.php?id=733975
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #306 – #307 – Anything Goes http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes http://www.inlinkz.com/new/view.php?id=735988