Welcome to my second day of blogging. Yesterday I posted the spring cards I recently made. I know tomorrow is Easter Sunday, but to get the habit started I wanted to take three of the cards I have already posted and give the information for making the cards. Maybe one day I will be able to link to the stores where the materials were purchased.
I just love Kim Hamilton’s card at Paper Pawz, using Lawn Fawn Eggstra Special Easter stamps, and wanted to make a similar layout using the products I had on hand. After all was said and done, I think Kim made a 5″X7″ card and I made a 4 1/4″X5 1/2″ card. While I like the way my card turned out, if I do this layout again, I will make a 5″X7″ card so the elements will have more space between them. I made my own clouds instead of using a die or stencil.
-Lawn Fawn Eggstra Special Easter stamps and dies
-Hero Arts Antique Flowers and Butterflies Dies: I cut out the smallest butterfly, then with my scissors cut it down to the needed size for my card.
-Lawn Fawn Grassy Border die
-Simon Says Stamp A2 Card Curved Edge die
-Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle Frame
-Simon Says Stamp heavy white cardstock
-Doodlebug Sugar Shoppe 6X6 paper pad
-ink pads: Tim Holtz squeezed lemonade, Hero Arts bubble gum, VersaColor peony, Tim Holtz iced spruce, Tim Holtz twisted citron, Brilliance sky blue, Memento London fog
-markers: Tim Holtz bundled sage and twisted citron; Copic Markers Y00,Y13, Y18, YG03, YG25,RV63, RV66, B12, B14, C0, C1, C3, colorless blender, opaque white (in a bottle)
-embossed eggs: VersaMark ink pad, Hero Arts white embossing powder
-adhesives: EZ runner tape, Tombow dots runner, Ranger Multi Medium Matte
-sequins: Simon Says Stamp yellow mix especially made up for the March Card Kit
The Peep End Shaker
My inspiration for this card came from Suzy Plantamura at Suzy’s Doodles, <a href=”http://suzyplantamura.typepad.com/living_my_dream/2016/02/simon-says-stamp-march-card-kit-creations.html#comments” rel=”nofollow”>suzyplantamura.typepad.com/living_my_dream/2016/02/simon-…</a> .
– Doodlebug 6X6 Hello Sunshine paper pad
-Hot Off the Press Acetate transparency
-white fun foam (used to give lift to the shaker window – cut 2)
-EZ Runner tape
-Scotch 3M double-sided tape around shaker window
– Simon Says Stamp Peeps stamps and dies
-Color Box sweet melon pigment ink pad and Memento Luxe pear tart ink pad
-outlined with Archival jet black dye ink
-black gel pen for faces
-Tim Holtz distress glitter in clear rock candy adhered with Ranger Multi Medium Matte
*There are 2 die cut fun foam bunnies trimmed off on the right side and glued under the green bunny, giving it lift and making it even with the shaker window.
– Simon Says Stamp Peeps stamps and dies stamped with miscellaneous ink pads and outlined with Archival jet black dye ink
-sequins: Simon Says Stamp yellow mix especially made up for the March Card Kit; Pretty Pink Posh in melon; tiny multi-colored flowers from my stash.
A year ago I saw the card like this that Shari Carroll from Simon Says Stamp made. I finally got the stamps and dies and made this card for my parents. Thanks to Shari for the sharing her design.
- Cardbase is 5 1/2″ X 4 1/4″ Simon Says Stamp Audrey Blue heavy cardstock.
- White panel is Neenah Classic Solar White heavy cardstock.
- Simon Says Stamp Rejoice Stamps
- Simon Says Stamp Crosses Dies *There is no die in this set for the word Easter, so I fussy cut it.
- Versa Magic Sea Breeze chalk ink (stamp circle cross, Easter, Greetings)
- Simon Says Stamp Green Apple dye ink (stamp large cross and Celtic cross)
- Memento Summer Sky dye ink (stamp outlined cross)
- Wplus9 Lake House dye ink (stamp thin cross above the word Easter)
- Versa Magic Aegean Blue chalk ink (stamp on large white cross)
- Tombow dot runner around the cross opening
- EZ runner tape runner around the edges of the white panel
- Scotch 3M Permanent Mounting Tape
- Simon Says Stamp Assorted Moonshine Sequins
- Ranger Multi Medium Matte glue
Thank you for stopping by. I hope you like what you see. Please leave happy mail. 🙂 Have a wonderful Easter as you remember the reason we celebrate.