Today I made an ATC (Artist Trading Card) for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Go Fish! People are entering the challenge with cards that have fish and sea creatures. I wanted to be different, so I thought of the game, Go Fish! There are Go Fish! playing cards made especially for children, or people can play the game using a regular deck of cards. I thought of the playing card stamp Tim Holtz has in one of his sets. This idea worked out great for me. I am making ATC’s for my Florida friend, Patz, for every holiday and occasion. The theme of this card works, because when Patz and her husband, Gary, come to visit us, they stay for several days. We go to a few places, but mostly we stay here at the house because we like to just be. Patz still teaches elementary school and always needs rest and relaxation when they come. We are always happy to accommodate them. We try to drag out the game table to play cards or a game such as Monopoly. We never were ones to play cards, so Patz is teaching Jan and me to play Bridge.
After I rounded the corners, stamped, colored and glued on my sentiment, I wanted to stop. The card was so pretty before I distressed it, with its pure white background and bright red, yellow and navy blue. I knew this wouldn’t measure up for the SSS Monday Challenge since the designers take an artsy approach. So I continued and was actually a little free and loose, the way I have wanted to be with my artsy-type cards.
- 110# Neenah Solar White Cardstock, cut to 3½ X 2½ inches
- Creative Memories Corner Punch
- Tim Holtz CMS143 Valentine Blueprint Stamp Set
- MISTI Stamping Tool
- Archival Jet Black Ink Pad
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers
After I decided to distress the card, I used a Finger Dauber with a Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink Pad to lightly swipe all over the card. There went my beautiful, clean white and bright colors! <sob!> What does this say about me? It also smeared the red Zig Marker some. I contemplated throwing the card away and starting all over. But I persevered.
- DoCrafts Papermania Botanicals Mini Alphabet Stickers
- Tim Holtz Chitchat (the word YOU)
- Ranger Inkssentials Non-Stick CRAFT SHEET
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium
- small brush
- heat gun
Use the brush to glue down the sentiment, then run the glue brush over the top of the whole card. Dry naturally or with a heat gun.
- Faber-Castell PITT Artist Pen, Nougat – Since the card was coated with the gel medium, this dye ink can be spread around with your finger. Draw lines around the individual letters, smearing them with your finger after each letter is inked. Also run the Artist Pen down both sides of the card. Put a few dabs near the edges to represent aged spots.
- Tim Holtz Bitty Grunge Stamp Set (the star)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad, Barn Red
- Tim Holtz Heartfelt Stamp Set (the crown)
- VersaMark Embossing Ink Pad
- Ranger Antique Gold Embossing Powder
- heat gun
On the left and right sides, apply Ranger Stickles in Frosted Lace. Here and there, speckle a little Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Stickles in Vintage Photo on top of the Frosted Lace. Pat the Stickles with your finger and smear it in places on the card where you want it. I did not cover the entire card with it. After this dries, it is good to send. However, I do put my insignia and date on the back and write a short message. If the back of the card is messy with ink and so on , before put my information on the back, I cut out another 3½ X 2½ inch card, round the corners and adhere it to the back.
If you like this card, please click on the LIKE BUTTON at the bottom of the page. Feel free to Leave a COMMENT too. I would really like to hear from you, and it would help me with my creations. Thanks a lot!
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Go Fish <a href=”http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/” rel=”nofollow”>www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/</a>
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/