I got those two tags made! Here’s the first one. I wanted to put part of a giant flower on a tag. I decided to go with Christmas, since it’s time I got started on my Christmas items.
Here’s the recipe for it:
- Pinpoint Main Street Tags, the largest die in the set
- Cuttlebug Embossing Machine
- Stampendous Rubber Stamp – Jumbo Poinsettia
- Simon Says Stamp Ink Pad, Cotton Candy
- MISTI (Most Incredible Stamping Tool Invented)
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad, Spun Sugar, applied with finger dauber
- Uni-ball Signo White Gel Pen on flower center with dots of Tim Holtz Distress Markers – Candied Apple, Mowed Lawn, Mustard Seed
- Liquitex Matte Gel Medium for glitter applied with a small brush
- Martha Stewart Glitter, Crystal
- Simon Says Stamp Holiday Hellos Sentiment
- Inkadinkado EMBOSSING MAGIC Powder Bag, patted over area to be heat embossed
- VersaMark Ink Pad
- Ranger Embossing Powder, Silver
- Heat Gun
- Crop-a-Dile (Hole Punch)
- Beadalon Silver Thread
- Simon Says Stamp Winter Flurries Sequins and Simon Says Stamp Assorted Moonshine Sequins applied with the same gel medium as above
- Ranger Stickles Silver Glitter Glue
After purchasing SSS Cotton Candy ink, I didn’t think I liked it. I was wrong. I think it looks great on this tag. Now I wish I had the matching cardstock.
While the Silver Stickles looks okay in the center of the sequins, I thought the sequins looked better before I applied the Stickles. I heard someone on a YouTube video say that they make a habit of putting a dot of Stickles over the center of a sequin. Mind you, the hole in the sequin bugs me, so I thought this would be a great idea. I probably should have used Frosted Lace Stickles that looks white. To me, the Silver Stickles appears too dark on these sequins. Next time…..
Anyway, I am satisfied with the way this tag turned out. What do you think? Do you like it? If so, please click on the rectangular LIKE button at the bottom of the page. Feel free to leave a comment, too. PLEASE DO!
Christmas in July? No, wait! It’s past midnight! So it’s Christmas in August. That just sounds wrong!
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Add Some Texture
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes
<a href=”http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/” rel=”nofollow”>www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/</a>