I have made quite a few cards the past month that I haven’t posted. I’m glad you stopped by to see the new addition to my 2016 Christmas Card Collection. I was so excited to get this background stamp from Hero Arts. It came with a matching embossing folder. I made four different card front background with this stamp. I posted my favorite one on August 8th. If you click on the link below, you will see it, plus the stamp and embossing folder. This is my second favorite, which I completed. I DID NOT use the matching embossing folder on this one.
I really like the way this one turned out. I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush Marker so the colors came out very vibrant. The glitter of the Spectrum Noir Pen covers some of the shine of the Zig colors, but of course Spectrum has its own kind of luster. Since I made this card a month ago, I don’t remember every step, even though I wrote down all the tools and supplies used. Here’s what I used:
- Tim Holtz Watercolor Paper
- MISTI (Most Incredible Stamping Tool Invented)
- Hero Arts Background Stamp
- VersaFine Onyx Black Ink Pad
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush Marker
- Cup of Water
- #6 round paint brush
- Bazzill Cardstock, Peppermint, cut to 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches
- Martha Stewart Scoring Board – Fold card base in half, making a side-folding A2 card.
- Red Glitter Ribbon from my stash – Wrap this around the card and tape.
- Scrapbook Adhesives E-Z Runner Tape – Tape everything down with this.
- Momenta Stamps Lot 0005026 – Stamp sentiment.
- Cuttlebug to die cut
- My Favorite Things Postage Stamp Stax Die Set – Tape sentiment to card front.
- Simon Says Stamp Falling Snow Stencil
- Hero Arts White Pigment Ink Pad
- finger dauber – Lay the snow stencil over the sentiment and daub on the white pigment ink.
- Nuvo Crystal Drops, White – The white pigment ink was too pale, so I went over the snow drops with the Nuvo Crystal Drops.
- White Signo Pen – Use this to highlight things like the candy canes, ornaments and deer.
- Glossy Accents – Apply this to the light bulbs, ornaments, sunbursts, stars, candy canes, merry, hearts, holly berries.
- Crafter’s Companion CLEAR OVERLAY Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen – Brush this on the green part of the tree, the Santa, the gift, the stocking, the holly leaves
- Arlene’s Glitter Snow – This goes on the tree, the Santa, the stocking.
- Glaze Black Jelly Roll – Santa’s eyes and mouth
- Gold Signo Pen – Santa’s belt buckle
That’s a lot of STUFF! I hope you like it and will try something similar. If you haven’t already gotten started on your holiday cards, you might want to think about getting the work, or should I said “fun” started. 🙂 Thank you, thank you, for giving a care.
LEAVE A COMMENT – at the top under the title; LIKE – at the bottom of the page. Thanks!
Hero Arts Matching Christmas Background Stamp and Embossing Folder – https://coffincardsandcreations.wordpress.com/2016/08/08/simple-sunday-matching-background-stamp-and-embossing-folder-card/
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Stamp It http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Stamp It http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/